Jad Cooper shows us how to make perfect couscous. First, soak the chickpeas, then peel and cut some turnips, a cauliflower or cabbage, some zucchini, sweet potato, green peppers, onions and tomatoes. Wash some cilantro and tie it up with string so it doesn't fall apart during the cooking. Put the onions, tomatoes and cilantro into a large pot for the base of the stock.
Cut up the meat that you will be using and add it in with the vegetables. Any meat, chicken or fish can be used. Add water to cover the vegetables, then add the chickpeas along with some salt and pepper, ginger, turmeric and saffron. When it starts boiling pour in some olive oil and add the turnip.
Add water to the couscous and steam it for 10 to 20 minutes, then add salt, more water and some butter and steam it a bit longer. Meanwhile add the rest of the vegetables to the pot and let them finish cooking. Pour some of the stock into the couscous and allow it to absorb it, and it's ready to serve with the vegetables and meat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades