This flavorful mix of wild rice and veggies will have you always wanting more. Watch Chef Hubert Keller do it himself!
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons margarine or butter, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 celery rib, peeled, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil over medium to high heat in Cuisinart® Anodized Non-Stick 2-3/4 quart saucepan. Once boiling, change heat to low, and add rice to simmer, partially covered, until tender (usually around 30 minutes).
- In the meantime, allow for 1/2 tablespoon margarine to melt over medium heat in a Cuisinart® Anodized Non-Stick 3-1/2-quart sauté pan. Once melted, add pecans to the pan stir frequently until they are lightly browned (usually takes about 5 minutes). Let cool slightly.
- Put pecans in a Cuisinart® food processor fitted with the metal blade, and run the processor until the pecans are coarsely chopped (usually about 6 times). Remove the pecans and add the the celery and onion to processor and let run until vegetables are also coarsely chopped (usually takes 4-5 times). Then put the mushrooms through the large feed tube to be sliced under low pressure.
- Just before the rice is done, heat 1 tablespoon of margarine in pan over medium heat. Then add in the vegetables to be cooked under medium heat until tender (usually 3-4 minutes).
- Drain the rice when finished cooking, combine with vegetables on skillet and add the pecans. Allow for mixture to be heated through (usually about 3-4 minutes). Add some last minute salt and pepper to season.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.