For some of us, cooking rice ain't easy. If you're getting gooey rice, you're doing something wrong... but have no fear. Cooking perfect rice is easy once you learn how. Follow these steps for light, fluffy white or brown rice every time.
You Will Need:
• Long-grain rice
• A heavy saucepan with lid
• Butter or olive oil
Step 1: Measure the water
Add one and a half cups water for every cup of white rice, or two cups water for every cup of brown rice, to a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
Step 2: Bring to a boil
Bring the water to a rolling boil. Add one tablespoon olive oil or butter for body and flavor.
Step 3: Stir
Add the rice and stir. Cook for one minute. Then reduce the heat to low and cover.
Simmer white rice for 16-18 minutes or 35-40 minutes for brown rice.
Step 5: Simmer
Simmer white rice for 16-18 minutes, or 35-40 minutes for brown rice, until the water is absorbed.
Step 6: Fluff and serve
Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Trivia: There are more than 7,000 varieties of rice grown around the world.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades