Legumes like pinto beans are not only delicious and a staple in any Mexican meal but are also very healthy for you. They may take a little time to cook from scratch but can be made in large batches with out much effort and are extremely cost effective.
Pinto beans have long been enjoyed in Mexico. A technique for turning the hard dried beans into a delicious menu item is described here.
You Will Need
* Pinto beans
* A pot
* A slow cooker (optional)
Step 1: Clean the dry beans
Remove any stones from the dried beans, and then rinse them completely free of dirt.
Step 2: Soak the beans
Place the beans in a pot with 3 inches of water covering them. Let the beans soak overnight.
If you have a slow cooker, cook the beans for eight hours on low heat without pre-soaking.
Step 3: Replace the water
Pour out the water and replace it with enough water to cover the beans by an inch.
Step 4: Cook the beans
Bring the beans to a boil. Then reduce the heat and allow them to simmer for 4 hours. Check the beans periodically to make sure there is still water in the pot.
The name "pinto" means "painted" in Spanish, and refers to the beans' reddish brown and beige coloring.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades