Carolyn Hemming, author of Quinoa 365 The Everyday Superfood, demonstrates how to cook quinoa like rice. Quinoa is highly nutritious with eight amino acids, protein, vitamins, minerals and is a complex carbohydrate. Quinoa is simple to cook and cooks similar to rice. Use two cups of water for every one cup of quinoa. The quinoa will triple in size. To cook the quinoa grains, first, wash the quinoa in a strainer to remove the remaining bitter flavor. You can cook and steam quinoa or use a cook and drain method like pasta. Pour two cups of water and one cup of quinoa into a pot. Turn your burner on high and boil for 10 minutes. Then, turn the burner off and let it sit for 5 to 7 minutes. No liquid will remain in the pot and it will be ready to eat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades