Ever wonder how tofu is made? Well here is a how-to video that shows you the step by step process of making fresh homemade tofu from scratch. All you really need to make tofu is dried soybeans and a little arm strength.
Ingredients for tofu:
150g Dried Soy Beans
2g Calcium Sulfate (aka Gypsum, used for wine/beer making) water
Soak beans in water overnight. Place the beans in a blender, adding water until they're covered (about 1" above the bean level). Blend for two minutes until it's a smooth liquid. Using a sack made from two pieces of cotton cloth, squeeze out the soy juice. Bring the juice to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Reduce flame to low and simmer for two to four minutes or so. While the mixture continues to boil, prepare a small dish and dissolve Calcium Sulfate into two to three tablespoons of water. Using a food thermometer, bring the temperature of the boiling mixture to 176?F.
Pour all of the mixture into a dish with the Calcium Sulfate while mixing briskly for three seconds and stop. Wait 10 minutes for the tofu to set. Serve hot right away, chill or squeeze more water with a cotton cloth while it's still hot for harder tofu.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades