How to Make homemade granola
Homemade granola is a welcome addition to any recipe collection. This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and suitable for all ages. Serve granola for breakfast or with yogurt for a midday snack. Because this recipe contains wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and honey, you will find that it is a delicious alternative to commercial granola. There are no artificial ingredients or additives. Learn how to make it.
1. Stir together the oats, wheat germ, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl until combined.
2. Place the oil and honey into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally while heating to blend.
3. Remove the oil and honey mixture from the heat and then add vanilla. Blend thoroughly. Stir in the chunky peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the oil, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5. Spread on 11 by 16 inch cookie sheets with sides. Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, checking often to ensure that the granola does not burn.
6. Remove from oven and add the raisins and chopped nuts. Mix thoroughly.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.