Homemade granola is a welcome addition to any recipe collection. This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and suitable for all ages. Serve granola for breakfast or with yogurt for a midday snack. Because this recipe contains wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and honey, you will find that it is a delicious alternative to commercial granola. There are no artificial ingredients or additives. Learn how to make it.
1. Stir together the oats, wheat germ, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl until combined.
2. Place the oil and honey into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally while heating to blend.
3. Remove the oil and honey mixture from the heat and then add vanilla. Blend thoroughly. Stir in the chunky peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the oil, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5. Spread on 11 by 16 inch cookie sheets with sides. Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, checking often to ensure that the granola does not burn.
6. Remove from oven and add the raisins and chopped nuts. Mix thoroughly.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades