Indian snacks are awesome, but when we look into the health factor, they go from 30 to 0 in 2 seconds flat. Poha chivda is a wonderful healthy snack alternative to the fried ones, you so yearn for at the stores. This poha chivda recipe has a great shelf life and is so easy to make. Make a big batch and store it or a small batch and keep it fresh. Just watch this how to video and learn how to make this Indian style rice dish.
Thin Poha - 3 cups
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Green Chili - to taste (finely chopped)
Roasted Chana Daal (Daliya) - 3 tbsp
Whole Raw Peanuts - 3 tbsp
Golden Raisins - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Citric Acid - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
1. Heat the poha in the microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
2. Grind the salt and the citric acid to a fine powder.
3. Grind the sugar to a fine powder separately.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the oil at medium temperature.
5. Once the oil is hot, add in the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop.
6. Add in the green chilis and the curry leaves and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add in whole raw peanuts and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add in the roasted chana daal and cook for another minute.
9. Add in the golden raisins and cook for 30 seconds.
10. Add in the turmeric powder and the salt & citric acid powder. Mix well.
11. Add the poha and mix very well till all the Poha is yellow and no white is visible.
12. Once it is mixed well, turn off the stove and allow it to cool for just 1-2 minutes.
13. Sprinkle the sugar powder and mix well.
14. Allow the civda to cool down to room temperature before you store it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.