Marni Wasserman at the Toronto Vegetarian Food Fair demonstrates how to make non-mushy quinoa. The trick to making quinoa that doesn't come out in a big clump is to dry roast it. Take the quinoa and put it into a pot and put it over heat. Move the grains around until all the water is evaporated. You'll smell the nutty aroma of the quinoa as it's being dry roasted. Once the quinoa is dry roasted, add two cups of water to one cup of quinoa. Let that come to a boil with a little bit of sea salt for 12 to 15 minutes. Finally, turn off the heat and let it steam for a few minutes on a side burner to create the nicely textured quinoa.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades