Are you one of those vegetarians that misses meat? Have no fear. You don't have to miss out on the flavor of meat while being a vegetarian. Learn how to prepare tofu to trick your carnivorous side.
You Will Need:
• Time to research your choice
• Bird books, magazines, and websites for research
• Bird breeders or bird owners who can answer questions
Step 1: Choose a firm tofu
Choose tofu marked firm or extra firm. This will give you a more meat-like texture.
Step 2: Press and drain tofu
Press the tofu and drain it of excess water by wrapping it in a towel and placing a heavy weight on top of it. This will allow it to crumble more easily.
Step 3: Season or marinate
Season the tofu with your favorite spice blend, or marinate it in your favorite dressing or barbecue sauce.
Step 4: Use in sauces or stews
Replace the meat in spaghetti sauce, stroganoff, tacos, or stews with crumbled tofu.
Step 5: Grill or pan-fry
Grill or pan-fry the tofu for a great charred flavor and crunchy texture – your family will never know the difference.
Trivia: The world consumes about 280 million tons of meat per year.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades