Bean sprouts are an extremely healthy and delicious way to enjoy legumes. Although sprouting can seem intimidating to some, it is really an easy process. Any whole bean can be sprouted - Mung, Garbanzo, Kidney, Moth, Adzuki, Lentil, etc. Sprouts can be eaten raw in salads or cooked. Watch this how-to video and try this simple method for sprouting mung beans.
Whole Mung Beans - 1 cup (yields 4 cups sprouted)
Water - 6 cups
Cheesecloth or thin dish towel
1. Wash mung beans well and soak them in water overnight.
2. Drain all of the water from the mung beans.
3. Soak cheesecloth or thin dish towel in water and gently squeeze out the water (leaving a little).
4. Place soaked mung beans in a cheesecloth or thin dish towel and twist the sides of the cloth together.
5. Place cloth with mung beans inside of a container with a lid. Do not use a clear container.
6. Cover the container and keep it in a warm, dark place away from drafts. (Oven, in off position works well).
7. Leave the mung beans for 2 days checking on them occasionally. If the cloth seems to have dried up, lightly sprinkle water on it to re-moisten it.
8. In 2 days, the mung sprouts will be ready to eat, raw or cooked.
9. If you don't want to use them right away, they can be refrigerated or you can freeze them.
10. Follow the same method for any type of whole beans.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades