Sunflower seeds are as delicious as the hard shell surrounding them is off-putting. But once you learn this cracking technique, eating them will be a breeze.
Place one unshelled seed in your mouth. Line it up horizontally with your tongue, so that the two long ends touch your bottom and your top teeth.
You can also lay the seed lengthwise on the indentation in your lower molars.
Apply pressure with your teeth to crack the shell.
Use your tongue and teeth to separate the shell and the inner seed in your mouth.
Spit the shell from your mouth. If this is difficult, move the shell to the front of your mouth with your tongue and remove it manually.
Repeat the above process, working two seeds at a time. Shell one at a time, using your tongue to hold the other seed in a corner of your mouth.
Add seeds to your mouth as you become more proficient. This takes practice, but it's worth it!
Fact: Russia, Ukraine, and Argentina are the top sunflower-producing countries in the world.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades